Bailey’s Irish Cream Jello Shots
Holy cow, these little Jello shots look and taste so incredible! I made them last night and had them today. The flavor of the Bailey’s is so delicious and the texture of the Jello shots remind me of my being a kid, or actually more like college. I found this recipe and had to share it with my readers. If they look too good to be true, then make a bunch and see for yourself!
“These cute little Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots are so much fun! Not only do they combine caffeine and booze for that perfect pick-me-up-yet-slow-me-down feeling, they taste delightful with a thin espresso layer on the bottom and a solid Baileys Irish Cream gelatin above.”
“Top them with a little dollop of fresh whipped cream and you have a 21 and over treat all your friends will adore.”
- Start by whisking hot espresso (or coffee) with 2 packets of unflavored gelatin and a little sugar. You can buy unflavored gelatin in the baking aisle at the market, or next to the flavored Jello.
- Pour the coffee gelatin into a plastic lined baking dish and chill.
- Next heat a portion of the Baileys Irish Cream. Don’t boil it; just get it hot enough to dissolve the gelatin.
- Whisk 3 packets of gelatin into the hot Baileys making sure there are no clumps.
- Then whisk in the remaining bottle of Irish Cream. Pour the Irish Cream gelatin over the firm coffee gelatin and chill.
- Once both layers are firm, either cut the Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots into squares, or use a small cookie cutter to cut out circles.
Source: Bailey’s Irish Cream Jello Shots